Tuition and Financial Aid
Master of Education Tuition and Costs
Cost Per Credit 2021-2022
|Cost Per Credit 2022-2023|
*Please note that K-12 majors (music, foreign language, physical education and art) will need an additional credit in methods.
Master of Education Steps to Financial Aid
As you go through these steps, don't hesitate to contact our office if you have any questions or are unclear about any part of the process.
- Apply for admission and receive a letter of acceptance into the Master of Education or Education Specialist Program at the University of Sioux Falls.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov and have the results sent to USF (school code 003469). The FAFSA form must be renewed on an annual basis.
- Students must be enrolled in a minimum of 4.5 credit hours per semester in courses required to complete the Master of Education or Education Specialist Degree. At USF, students need to be enrolled in a minimum of 2 courses per semester to meet this requirement.
- Students will receive an award letter from the USF Financial Aid Office each semester in which the student has completed the above steps and is eligible to receive financial aid.
- In the Master of Education and Education Specialist program, students follow a pre-established schedule of coursework. Students who follow this schedule of coursework will not be eligible for federal financial aid every semester.
- Students needing financial assistance to complete one of these programs have other financing options for semesters when federal loans are not available. Students can apply for a private alternative bank loan or an interest free payment plan. See the Alternative Funding Sources page for further details on these options.