Contact email@example.com or (605)331-6632
Unless specified, no registration is necessary.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, the University of Sioux Falls continues to adapt nearly every aspect of our operations to keep our USF community as safe as possible.
Our mission is Culture for Service. We seek to foster academic excellence and to serve God and humankind in the world. Therefore, ensuring the safety of our students, alumni, family and friends, University staff, and Sioux Falls community is our primary and highest focus.
That is why we have made the difficult decision to postpone Cougar Days 2020 until next year with the exception of the events listed below.
- Class of 1970 Virtual Gathering
- Friday, Oct. 2 | 2:30 p.m. | Virtual Event
- Zoom Link
- While the official 50th class reunion will take place next fall, we are hosting a special video call for the Class of 1970 to reminisce and share some laughs over wonderful memories made at Sioux Falls College and hear from President Brett Bradfield.
- Made in Isolation
- Friday, Oct. 2 | 4 p.m. | Jeschke Fine Arts Center Gallery
- Join the USF Art Department for an alumni exhibition opening reception featuring the work of the spring class of 2020. "Made in Isolation" features the work of artists Brooke Brings Three White Horses, Evelyn Groeger and Jayde Halverson. Come experience the artwork and engage in conversation with the recent USF graduates. All guests are required to wear masks while on campus.
- USF Trivia Night
- Friday, Oct. 2 | 7:30 p.m. | Virtual Event
- Zoom link
- Put your trivia skills to the test and compete with fellow alumni and current students. Categories range from USF history and traditions, Sioux Falls facts, pop culture and more. There will be prizes for the top three trivia winners and giveaways throughout the hour-long event!
- Flute Ensemble and Chamber Strings outdoor Pop-Up Concert
- Friday, Oct. 2 | 5-6 p.m.
- Join the USF instrumental music department for the first in a series of outdoor pop-up concerts! This week will feature the Flute Ensemble and Chamber Strings on the Salsbury Science Center Plaza. All guests are required to wear masks while on campus.
- 1996 Championship Football Game Watch Party
- Saturday, Oct. 3 | 1 p.m. | Virtual Event
- With live sports on hold, while we endure the coronavirus pandemic, USF Athletics is reaching into its vaults to air a classic college football game. Celebrate Homecoming and rewatch the USF Cougars and coach Bob Young win the 1996 NAIA National Championship.
- Game links will be live at 1 p.m.
- Lawn Chair Choral Concert
- Sunday, Oct. 4 | 4:00 p.m. | USF Campus Quad
- Join the University of Sioux Falls for an outdoor choral concert featuring performances from the Concert Chorale, Collegiate Choir, Men’s Ensemble, and Madrigal Singers. Enjoy the beauty of the center of the USF campus, “The Quad,” between the Jeschke Fine Arts Center and the Mears Library. Bring a lawn chair or blanket as we celebrate our 138th academic year! All guests are required to wear masks while on campus. Get a USF blanket at Cougar Central.
The NSIC athletic conference has canceled all fall sports seasons, including the Homecoming football game scheduled against Augustana University. The Alumni Achievement Awards Celebration has been postponed to spring 2021 and all other Cougar Days events (Reunion Events, Family Weekend, Hall of Fame Banquet, etc.) have been postponed to fall 2021.
The University of Sioux Falls is no stranger to transition and continues to strive to be nimble in challenging times. Even though we cannot be together to celebrate many of the Cougar Days traditions in person this year, we hope to “see” you at the events listed above!
Get in the spirit!
Save 20% on the latest USF Cougars t-shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts, blankets and more.
Cougar Central Hours
October 1-2 | 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
October 4 | 2-4 p.m.